View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #19
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post combine mock

I don't think either Hunter or Rodgers are NFL ready and I don't think the Texans will pick either in the 1st. If the Texans are looking for a WR to come in and help right away then Hopkins or Allen are their best bet. No, neither one would be an eventual replacement for AJ. But, are we looking for a WR to groom to replace AJ or are we looking for someone to come in and replace K-Dub? There is NO, I repeat, NO, WR in this class that will ever come close to doing what AJ does, on or off the field IMO! If Megatron, Green, or Julio Jones were there and the Texans had a top 10 pick, then heck yeah, but that's not the case.

I can't sit here and tell you that Hopkins or Allen will turn out to be the best WR from this class and that they'll light up the NFL, but I think they are both more NFL ready than either Hunter or Rodgers. And, I think that's what the Texans are looking for, a WR who can come in and, with a little coaching, could start opposite AJ and give them some sure hands, good blocking, good route running, and hopefully a little more speed and play making ability then K-Dub.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote