View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How does that end up really improving us IF the QB & HC (who have been here for multiple seasons already) do not grow and expand their respective games in 2013?
I've already said Matt & Gary have to get better.

Quote:
The Matt Schaub I saw in the final month of the regular season looked like he couldn't play QB even if it was with a controller and an XBox 360 in front of him. His coach seemingly lost the will to live, as well. What is going to happen between now and the post-season that gets this QB & HC to raise their game even if we somehow added viable weapons to that side of the ball???

I just think we've seen their ceiling.
I'm not sold that we've seen that ceiling. I saw a lot of things that didn't work out for Matt & Gary in that final month.

Before going into that game against the Patriots, we all said the OL, Arian, & the defense are going to have to step up their games for us to win. That didn't happen. Derek Newton spent most of his time in Matt's lap, Arian had two good runs & was outplayed by Steven Riddley. & our defense couldn't get critical stops.

A lot went wrong from Schaub & Gary's perspective as well, I'm not saying either were playing/coaching at the level we needed for them to win. It starts with them, but winning is a team accomplishment.

Brady & Belichick didn't win the AFCCG. The biggest difference, in my mind, is that Welker, Riddley, Vareen, & the defense didn't show up.

Quote:
If anything, the OL will be the key to 2013. Jones and Newton must make a huge leap in their maturation in 2013. Between Gary & Matt, and Jones & Newton, they have to find a way to lead this team to the next level. I'm even getting to the point of considering the idea of bringing Winston back, though that's not viable on many levels I presume. Still, it's creeping into my mind.
Exactly. If we can consistently run the ball on first & second down, it changes the game for Matt & Gary.