View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #27
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans may go WR in 1st.

To me I see the Texans doing 1 of 2 things:

1. They see a player they like in the 1st round that can step in and play right away, like Hopkins, who is more pro ready than someone, like Hunter, who may have more upside.

2. They don't see anyone there at #27 they like and believe can help them right away so they pick another position (ILB, OLB, NT, etc.), and wait until the 2nd round to get a WR. In this scenario they may have to move up to get Patton, Hunter, Woods, Williams etc.. The problem with this scenario is twofold. 1st, you will probably have to trade up (losing pick or picks), and 2nd, these players will probably take some time to develop, so they will not help you immediately, similar to last year's WR picks.

My hope is they go with option #1 and get Hopkins or Allen, then start looking to fill the ILB or NT position in the 2nd.

I guess there is a 3rd option, which involves trading back from the 1st into the 2nd round, and this could play out depending on what happens in FA and how the Texans grade the WR's in the Draft.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote