View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #158
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
See this is where we disagree, Rodgers/Hunter/Hopkins would be better than any WR on the roster excluding AJ.

Also you are trying to say that Posey/Matin/Jean are better than the trio I listed above?

Matin is a 4/5th WR/KR-PR on a good team. He has his place on the team. Posey probably wont play and Jean is very overrated on this MB. He's proven nothing and has trouble getting separation. I think the current WR corps is young, but there isn't a difference maker in the bunch.

I'm for drafting 2 WR's Hunter/Swope in rds 1-4. This will help provide competition within the WR group and the young guys can learn the tricks of the trade from AJ. When is the last time the Texans had a legitimate threat at WR2? It's time to fix that.

I see Hunter/Rodgers/Hopkins as potential difference makers next yr. You dont?

PS, as long as the Texans have Schaub and the Pats have Brady the Texans will always be at a disadvantage.
I doubt the Texans will draft 2 more WR's this year. Maybe if they've given up on Jean and know Posey will not be coming back, but it's more likely they go with 1 WR in the 1st or 2nd round, then move on to other needs. Besides, after the Combine Swope had, he may not be there for the Texans in the 2nd round, let alone the 4th. That 4.34 for a "white boy" is sick, regardless of his hand size (8 1/2"). He was one of the players that absolutely "blew up" the Combine and there is a lot of talk about him moving up the draft boards.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote