View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with you 100%, it starts with the QB & the HC. Matt needs to play a lot better than what he did & Kubiak needs to do a better job as well.
OK, so you're with me in terms of how it starts with the QB & HC.

Now let's say we draft like rock stars in the 2013 draft...we land a stud WR, a stud TE, and even some option at RB or another WR to fill it out. Let's just say that this happens. Now my next question is: How does that end up really improving us IF the QB & HC (who have been here for multiple seasons already) do not grow and expand their respective games in 2013?

The Matt Schaub I saw in the final month of the regular season looked like he couldn't play QB even if it was with a controller and an XBox 360 in front of him. His coach seemingly lost the will to live, as well. What is going to happen between now and the post-season that gets this QB & HC to raise their game even if we somehow added viable weapons to that side of the ball???

I just think we've seen their ceiling. It's not an atrociously bad ceiling, either. It's commendable. It's respectful. We went to the playoffs two years straight, we have a viable team over and over again. But that next step; that next level, it's a whole different thing. I am not optimistic that those two guys can get us there, even if we add more octane to the offense.

If anything, the OL will be the key to 2013. Jones and Newton must make a huge leap in their maturation in 2013. Between Gary & Matt, and Jones & Newton, they have to find a way to lead this team to the next level. I'm even getting to the point of considering the idea of bringing Winston back, though that's not viable on many levels I presume. Still, it's creeping into my mind.