View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #17
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post combine mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Definitely understand the concerns about marijuana and why I removed him from my mocks after he was cut from Tenn. I think his attitude of fessing up and saying what he has done to correct his behavior (10 clean tests)will get McNair's attention and ok. He did not assault his girlfriend or father several kids with different women or even burglary. His high school coach has really gone to bat for him as has the Tenn Tech's coach. For our system only Patterson bring same physical package and from what I hear, CP's interviews were no well recieved. Brandon immediately gives you what we had from Cody & Mitchell minimum;
he then improves, minimal risk.

Klein freaked me out with the knee injury at combine but from what he tweeted it was insignificant. Kid is a tackler. Hawthorne had the combine he wanted but then so did several others due to the fast track. If Amerson is gone and he has moved up into second, I'd consider moving Hawthorne up; he is just that good.
I saw you mentioned that his Tennessee Tech coaches have gone to bat for him, but according to this report some, or at least one, in the NFL aren't quite hearing the same positive feedback on Rogers.

An NFL source told CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman that he is "skeptical" about how much Tennessee Tech WR Da'Rick Rogers has actually matured since getting kicked off the University of Tennessee's team. The Vols booted Rogers for three failed drug tests. He claims to have passed ten last year at Tennessee Tech and sounded 100-percent contrite in his Combine media interview. The source remains skeptical because Rogers' "attitude bothered some of his coaches at Tech, too." At the Combine, Rogers ran 4.52 at 6-foot-2, 217. He showed explosion in the vertical (39 1/2") and broad (11') jumps.

Source: CBS Sports

I hope the Texans are reaching the point that they have strong vet leadership that they wouldn't allow a rookie to disrupt them, but instead insist that the rookie conform to them & what the organization expects. Of course, the Texans haven't been much of the risk taking type so I could see them passing on him if they feel other quality options are available.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote