View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post combine mock

I like your emphasis on prospects with upside & athletic measureables, but high risk, don't conform to character parameters Texans embrace & positions too concentrated in similar areas of need. Only being hard on you & SteelB because I like you guys, if I didn't care wouldn't take time to respond. You know we would never sign off on D' Rick Rodgers. Texans let Jacoby leave via Free Agency for far less but have to feel it was based (same as Holliday) questionable decisions on field & character issues. Doesn't mean both aren't NFL quality players. Best thing ever happened to Jacoby was leaving town, change of scenery not so mych for Rodgers after leaving Tennessee but I recognize similar pattern.

Brandon is one of those tweener early to mid second rounders. Texans could either trade down if Austin or Hopkins not there in 1st. OR trade up in the 2nd. Williams is a much better prospect than Poe who was over drafted because of need, lets be smart about him.

Amerson I would take with that 2nd. Don't see how a guy with his ability slips to end of 3rd? Off field issue with him seems minor, lot of circumstances contributred to his decline this season but he stands out as a premier big CB in this class. Huge upside with Joseph coaching him & between JJ & Kareem. But if you get Amerson why duplicate size/speed with another corner in Hawthorne? One pick or the other, there are other needs.

I'm fine with Klein in the 4th.

To be honest I really prefer SteelB's TE Levine Toilolo but neither is still available in 6th.

I see you still have Quanterus Smith late, that would be a pleasant surprise, high upside kid coming off injury.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote