View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post combine mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
That's a nice draft. Don't see Williams or any of the top 9 DT's available for us in the second. That is why I'm going DT first unless there is a record number taken before us, there should be a real high quality one staring us in the face. There should still be plenty of good fast WR's left for us in the second probably even the third round.

No WR in this draft will have as big an impact on offense as what a good penetrating DT will make for this defense. offensive lines will be overwhelmed with 3 really good penetrating DL and speed off the edges and Cushing backing them up.

That's how we are going to beat NE (Brady). We're not going to out score them no matter who you put at WR #2.
I really get what you are saying Mussop but imo the higher quality Noses will be gone by 27 anyway. I think what will keep Brandon avail in second is last year's Dontari Poe who compares to B Williams in minimal film but high octane combine:

Dontari Poe (born August 18, 1990) is an American football nose tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs. He played college football at Memphis (20092011), where he was a Second Team All-Conference USA selection in 2011. Originally projected a second-round draft pick, Poe amazed NFL scouts with exceptionally strong workouts at the 2012 NFL Combine.[1] He was eventually selected eleventh overall in the 2012 NFL Draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dontari_Poe

Going to disagree about your WR comments also. Rogers would offer Schaub a second high profile target that can runn all routes including the short dumps to avoid a sack that AJ gets beat up on. Rogers rarely drops a pass despite tackle. He prolongs AJ's career & possibly allows Walter to leave. Other WRs just will not do that imo.The only thing that will save Cody's job if he gets clean bill of health & I don't see that.

Looking at team needs I think DTs will not be selected as you think.