View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #137
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I was guessing where Leebig got his conclusion from; I guessed right.

But we ought to remember that Cosell said that it's early in the process.
I think he said he only watch 2 or 3 games on each of these QBs at the time of the podcast.

He had to spend time on some 500 players (maybe at least 200) in a short amount of time.

I try not to be so ambitious.

Also, it seems to me like Cosell is favoring the Madden's approach a little more over Bill Walsh's.

Yet, Cosell still had to admit that he was "wrong" on Kaepernick.
My records on QBs in the last few years are still "very good".

I have yet to make a wrong call.

It will be tough luck for me if Barkley doesn't recover fully from his shoulder injury.

The guys who definitely have stronger arms in this class are Glennon, Geno, and Manuel.

Dysert might, too; but it's pretty close.

The thing about Barkley is that he may not be able to improve on his arm strength much more because his footwork and throwing mechanic is already near top form while the other guys should be able to improve in these areas to make their range even better.

But Barkley already shows better arm strength than Schaub.

Now, I've never consider Barkley as an elite QB in college.
In fact, I was against all the hypes he got as an USC recruit; I don't have a bias for Barkley.
At the same time, I don't care about the failure of other USC QBs in the pros either. They have nothing to do with one another as far as individual talent and QB prowess is concerned.

To me, Barkley shows an overall game that lend itself to a solid NFL QB.
I "kinda" disliked him as a Freshman at USC, but it looks to me like he's been working on it, I think his arrow is pointing up.

Now to EJ Manuel.
This guys has improved a great deal from his Jr. year.
It makes you wonder though, where was his head?
This might be a classic case when a guy discovers how to use brainpower instead of pure athleticism.

On this one, I agree with Leebig.
This guy can be a dark horse.
Can somebody teaches this young man to further develop his mind?

This guy really impressed me from one year to the next.
His decision making... How he handles himself in the pocket.
I like his potential better than Dysert.
I'm not gonna say i told ya so, but you're not the only guy who watches tape. Just as i stated the faults of schaub way before anyone wanted to admit them, barkley is in that same mold. When there is pressure inside, he cant reset his feet off a slide and deliver the ball down the field. Now, people want to use brady as an exapmle, but before the knee injury, brady was pretty moblie. He never had a cannon, but he didnt have to wind up to deliver. If you go back and look at brady post injury, he had all kinds of problems getting the ball outside to moss. Even right now, 80% of his passes are inside the numbers. Barkley is like this and its hard to be successful with a guy like that. In the playoffs, you will have people at your feet and once you anchor, sometimes you have to reset and go to other options. Thats something barkley cant do because he has slow feet. I mean, Vick has slow feet as crazy as it may sound, but he has one of the best arms in the nfl.