View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Tom Brady extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You think Schaub showed any glimpse as a rookie?

Rookie TJ looked a heckuva' lot better than rookie Matt.

Rookie Schaub was 33 of 70 (47.1%), 1 TD, 4 INT, and a whopping 42 QB rating.

Rookie TJ was 82 of 134 (61.2%), 3 TD, 3 INT, and a respectable 81.7 QB rating...and he won a playoff game, which Schaub did not accomplish until his 9th year in the league.

Btw, both rookies played in 6 games (not including playoff games), so it's a valid comparison.
Good points. However, I think you'd have to have a pretty desperate team, or an arrogant HC, or a moron, or a mixture of the three to trade two seconds for Yates & signing him to a starting QBs contract sight unseen.

Tj is right where he needs to be. Backing up Matt Schaub. If he gets another opportunity to play in the regular season, it's up to Tj to win the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm not saying that TJ Yates is the second coming of Tom Brady.
All I want is the second coming of Romo. & I'm serious as a heart attack.