View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #471
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans. Noon. 11/4. **Official GameDay Thread**

For whatever reason, I decided to watch this game again. I'm watching the Texans 2nd possession. Big play to James Casey, puts us on the Bills' territory. A couple of plays later, Mario puts a good move on Newton... as Newton is trying to block Mario outside, Mario comes back inside & takes Schaub down for a sack. The next play, Mario jumps, Newton (opposite Mario) commits a false start, we're in third & 18. We're only up by 7 at this point, so we try to dump it off to Walter 5 yards beyond the LOs. Of course, no one is in front of Walter & Matt throws it behind him, Walter can't adjust because that is exactly where the defender is (behind Walter, no one is in front of Walter who is running an inside slant after faking an out) who makes does enough to break Walter's concentration. So we bring Graham on to try for a 46 yard FG. The Bills block it, giving them the ball on their 36.

Ok, no big deal right? The only unexpected thing there, is that Mario got a sack. Well, after Newton's false start, they do a little "Mario memory lane" kind of thing & the first thing they show is Mario on Draft day & in the caption it says "#1 overall pick 2002"

I had to look at it twice, couldn't believe that's what it said. I could understand if it were Fox. We don't play on Fox very often. But this was CBS....... we always play on CBS. You'd think they would know the difference.

Of course it isn't too often that the same team will have the #1 spot only 4 years apart, so maybe I could see it. But.... Mario coming to Houston was a "big deal" you'd think they would have had all that ready way before hand.

Anyway.

Hey, I didn't know Dorin Dickerson was playing with the Bills...... small world.