View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #70
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I am looking at, feedback appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'd jump at the opportunity at three #2's in this draft.

You like Brandon Williams over the other DT prospects : Jenkins , Short , Hankins and Jesse Williams ? Or is that because you think the others are gone ?
I really like Jenkins in the middle of a 3-4. He also played against the very best competition playing in the SEC. That Georgia defense game Alabama all it could handle with Jenkins being a big part of that .... and thats about as close to NFL competition as it gets. (No one game does not a player make).
Since the new CBA changing rookie contract, negligible cost in trading up for a team; two firsts or three seconds, etc. Hankins is gone.

I have yet to see a game that Brandon Williams disappointed me. Not so with the others especially Jenkins. I am pretty hard to sway from my opinion and he just looks slow and fat. He admits to 370 during championship game although he has reduced to 346, I just see him as having future weight issues. Just the opposite with Sylvester Williams who trimmed to 313 and continually seems to get better. I was an early fan and mocked Jesse Williams when others were saying he'd be third round at best. As I continued to watch him in 2012, he just seemed to be "there" but did little. He serves my main goal of a Nose by filling the hole but almost never puts his hands up in passing lanes. I came to realize he just lacks good laterals and he is not as efficient as I want in getting ball carrier to the ground. Expect him to be gone.

Short: this one has tied me up in more debates with his fans who insist he can do well at NT vs DT. I say no but would be cautiously optimistic. He definitely has motor.

Mayock has Sylvester rated top 5 & Brandon not listed but I know what I want. I will be putting out my post combine soon and Da'Rick Rogers will be first and Brandon second selected (preferably after a trade from #27). Those are my guys and I'm not concerned with any claims of "reaching".