View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #135
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It is not frowned upon, that you worry about a collegiate program not being good at developing receivers.

What is frowned upon is the fact that you look at it without any regard to each individual case; ie. you came to a conclusion without evaluating the data in depth.

While it is true that it is your personal preference, it is not true that it's a correct method to evaluate future prospects.

Just because Kolb was developed by Art Briles running a "gimmick" offense
and failed at the NFL level doesn't mean that RG III should get a red flag during the draft process.

Just because Kolb accumulated stats in the CUSA doesn't mean that Briles' system wouldn't work in the Big 12.

Just because Keenum ran a similar offense that was continued by Sumlin in the CUSA doesn't mean that the Aggies would have a hard time competing in the SEC.

OK, never mind, I ramble off the topic.
Don't include the second part into this discussion.
I just want to leave it there.
Really...that's why I included in the post that you quoted OTHER reasons why I'm not fond of Woods as a player. So yes, other factors have been considered. Your rebuttal doesn't hold water considering I did state those other factors outside of USC being unable to develop a quality WR w/ Kiffen as a member of the staff in some capacity.

Once again, its my opinion that I don't think highly of WR's coming out of USC because others have faultered in the past despite seeming to have all the physical tools & being touted as such. Whether you frown upon it or not in the end doesn't mean much because it is my opinion. It's not a tough concept to grasp if you think about it. Just think of it as how you choose not to find any fault w/ any aspect of the Texans...its your flawed opinion but in the end it doesnt matter how wrong it is because it is yours & you are entitled to it. Pretty simple if you ask me. Moving on now.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote