View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #35
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tom Brady extension

To those who are disagreeing with me on this one I say this. There are INTANGIBLES involved in playing the position of QB. Certain leadership qualities which a defensive coordinator won't be able to pick apart by studying GAME FILM. I'm of the opinion that Schaub despite being the starter heer for some time still THINKS like the backup he started his being.

A back up's job is:

a. to stop things from imploding on the field and do JUST enough to prevent a loss NOT to get a win.

b. be that guy who can come in at a moment's notice and get "the big win" when the starter is banged up.

c. Try to shine like a diamond for every play he gets because he KNOWS that as #2 he has to PROVE himself as he's in the other guy's shadow.

That was Matt Schaub when he was Dog Boy's back up in Atlanta and MAYBE his first year here. I'm obviousy not seeing the same guy YOU guys are seeing. The guy I'm seeing is:

a. throwing critical interceptions at the WORST possible time

b. Started a game on the opponent's 16 YARD LINE and was CONTENT to settle for a field goal.

c. stating on sports radio "You march down the field...you get in field goal range, you settle for the 3. You get ready for the next one."

Translation he's a "Good enough" QB. Good enough might get you an 11-1 season. It might get you lots of players in the pro bowl, but at the end of the day "good enough" get's you to the status of "One and done" and whipping boy to the A-hole pundits who treat your team like a glorified farm team for other NFL teams who want to look for prospects who can help THEM win a Lombardi.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote