View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #133
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Scott is a guy I've been putting on the back burner, just because I don't think the Texans will draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. But yeah, I've been hearing good things about him.
The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. I really don't think Schaub is a longterm answer. His mobility, which was not great before the injury, was next to nothing after the injury. He claims he did not have an injury down the stretch and if true suggests his arm was weakening or he was getting some dead arm. Not the QB to go forward with, but Smith gave him the big $ contract. I also don't think Yates or Keenum is the guy. The Yates I saw in the preseason and in the later part of the reg season appeared to regress from his rookie year. Yes, he was able to scramble, but accuracy was off and decision making wasn't there.

I think Scott has the potential to be an above average QB in this league. The combination of arm and ability to run would be an intriguing option. I am not suggesting he should run it like Kapernick(sp), but in an option offense which utilizes boots(like the Texans) he could be particularly effective.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote