View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Tom Brady extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post

As for Brady...sorry I have to disagree saying it isn't unselfish. Again, not even a Brady fan but doesn't mean I can't respect him for what he did. His wife makes money? That's nice. Still in a sport where many players hold out or seek deals simply because they feel they are top of their position and deserve to be paid as such it's nice to see someone say they'll take a smaller salary so the team can make moves. Like him or hate him he is still argued to be one of the best to play his position all time and easily is worth double that contract and that flimsy 3 million signing. So I can give a man credit where do.
Kevin Walter took a pay cut. At the end of the day, for that year & the life of the contract, he's going to make less money than he would have with the original deal.

I don't think that is the case with Brady. I'll have to look at it. But adding years to bring the cap number down does not equal a pay cut. Now, he is signed through the 2017 season right? I bet he gets another "extension" before that. He'll make more money with this extension over the same time period as he would have without the extension. This is a "win-win" for both parties. The team gets more cap flexibility, Brady gets more money up front.