View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013   #23
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25182 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tom Brady extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
We're talking about the SAME T.J. Yates who beat Cincy more convincingly last year than Schaub did this year and the SAME guy who played a CONSIDERABLY better game against Baltimore last year than Schaub did THIS year? Yeah you're right he sucks.

Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with you on this one.
While I'm no Schaub fan I have to disagree on this part. Yates did not beat the Bengals. The Texans did. All Yates did was manage the game. His stat line was 11 for 20 for 159 yards and 1 touchdown. That's it. He did little to nothing other than stay out of the way and don't make mistakes. The win was more about the defense (Got to love Watt's INT) and Foster averaging 6.4 per carry.

And Baltimore...ugh the memories. Yates was freaking horrible and the main reason we lost. The defense held Baltimore including Rice and we out gained them in yards. But Jacoby and Yates turned the ball over four times and Yates completed less than 50% of his passes for a whopping 184 yards. He was horrible that game.

I can say I rather they waited til the end of the year to re-sign Schaub at least when it comes to the length of the deal. But money wise it isn't that big of a hit and falls in place market value wise so don't find it that much of a big deal.

As for Brady...sorry I have to disagree saying it isn't unselfish. Again, not even a Brady fan but doesn't mean I can't respect him for what he did. His wife makes money? That's nice. Still in a sport where many players hold out or seek deals simply because they feel they are top of their position and deserve to be paid as such it's nice to see someone say they'll take a smaller salary so the team can make moves. Like him or hate him he is still argued to be one of the best to play his position all time and easily is worth double that contract and that flimsy 3 million signing. So I can give a man credit where do.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote