View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013   #99
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I realize you stated "multiple" ACL injuries should have you worried, but isn't it worth noting that Hunter recently came off of one of his own in 2011. I like Hunter, but you would think that has to be taken into consideration if the Texans are concerned w/ past injuries. OD had multiple ACL injuries in the past, in high school & college, & then eventually had one w/ the Texans. With that being said, would you believe T. Williams or D. Hopkins could offer the same upside w/ less of a injury history. I think thet both have potential. I even like Wheaton out of Oregon St but he's a bit smaller.

One player I've read about but haven't seen much of is Dobson out of Marshall. Everything I've read has been decent on him. Whats the word on him for those that have seen him perform?
I've only seen him with one ACL tear (Sept, 2011) and nothing before really so it's tough to say that his injury history is more of a flag than his hands. I think out of the guys you listed (Williams, Hopkins, Hunter) Williams looked like he had the most inconsistent hands during the drills and was the slowest so I think he'll drop. Hunter is a guy who was coming off of an ACL tear in 2012 and was pretty good, but he wasn't like he was in 2010, so you worry with that, coupled with him weighing in at a slender 196lbs. Hopkins looked great so far and I have to have him as the top prospect out of the 3 listed. I'd probably put Williams second and Hunter 3rd just based on size and injury history.

I really like Hopkins though so I'm probably very biased. He just looks like an NFL receiver playing for Clemson. Big guy, decent hands, maybe doesn't have a top gear like guys like TY Hilton or Desean Jackson, but the kid can play and make big plays.

Also, I'm willing to bet that the Texans are going to take a very long look at Ryan Swope if he's there in the 3rd around their pick.