View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013   #98
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Reading that particular post and draft profiles of Posey there's nothing really saying that he was a large injury risk leading up to the draft (Usually it's guys with multiple ACL tears which have you worried). As far as Posey before the draft, his size was the concern because he had minor injuries, but there is nothing really from his draft profiles saying he's a big injury risk. Just got dinged up a lot.

I think the reason we are going back to the well this year is because Martin and Jean both were non-starters in 2012 and the only guy who did look decent (albeit at the end of the season once his playing time increased) had a nasty injury. Pretty unfortunate set of circumstances, but this is a pretty good year to go get a pass catcher or two in the draft.
I realize you stated "multiple" ACL injuries should have you worried, but isn't it worth noting that Hunter recently came off of one of his own in 2011. I like Hunter, but you would think that has to be taken into consideration if the Texans are concerned w/ past injuries. OD had multiple ACL injuries in the past, in high school & college, & then eventually had one w/ the Texans. With that being said, would you believe T. Williams or D. Hopkins could offer the same upside w/ less of a injury history. I think thet both have potential. I even like Wheaton out of Oregon St but he's a bit smaller.

One player I've read about but haven't seen much of is Dobson out of Marshall. Everything I've read has been decent on him. Whats the word on him for those that have seen him perform?
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote