View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013   #132
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I would like to take the opportunity to speak positively for my favorite QB prospect in this draft: Matt Scott. At 6'2, 212lbs he ran the 3rd best 40 time for a QB and set the best-ever mark for the 20-yard shuttle run by a QB (3.99). He has excellent agility and athleticism. He has good arm strength. The ball came out in a nice tight spiral with plenty of zip on short and intermediate throws. He was very accurate on short and intermediate throws. His deeper throws were not as accurate but had plenty of power. I suspect a lot of that is due to his very inconsistent foot work. Once that problem is cleaned up, he could be accurate on longer throws as well.

The next iteration of the ZBS could be an option read. Matt Scott would be an excellent choice to QB such an offense. His precombine performances reminded me of a young Jake the Snake and his combine performance cemented it for me. I would take him in the 3rd round.
Scott is a guy I've been putting on the back burner, just because I don't think the Texans will draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. But yeah, I've been hearing good things about him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote