Thread: NFL Combine
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013   #105
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
just throwing this out there because I see Kyle Long as a premier LG but how do you think he would fare as possible swing tackle option for Texans, especially RT?
He's definitely got the size and mobility that the Texans have desired from their OT's in the past. I think his last name is going to end up getting him a higher draft spot than what he would've gotten if he was the son of some joe schmoe, but he's certainly a guy to look at if he's available at the Texans 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Jeff Baca is also a guy I think the Texans may look at as a backup or swing tackle if he's there in the middle or later rounds. (Yes I know he's listed as a Guard on a lot of the scouting sites, but he's got a lot of the qualities the Texans look for in a Tackle).

Terron Armstead might be a guy who has shot up too high on other draft boards, but if he's available after the first you got to look at him as well.