View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
QFT. I cannot even begin to describe how utterly pathetic he is as a talk radio host.

I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater while chewing aluminum foil before giving his extremely irritating voice two seconds of my time.

It's actually an insult to trash and garbage to compare it to Josh Innes.

Seth's unadulterated and unpolished takes are a breath of fresh air! My dad and I both dig his show, but we wonder how long it will take before management reels him in and tones him down.

Do you remember the Three Amigos sports show? Way back in the early '90's before there were dedicated sports radio stations and you had to know when sports talk shows would be aired on news radio to hear them. That was Ed Fowler, Dan Patrick, and I think Kenny Hand. It was all about sports and none of this idiotic "guy talk" and low brow Howard Stern wannabe garbage that many shows are aping these days.

I still miss Joel Buschsbaum. That dude was a football genius, and nobody has come along to replace his presence on sports radio.
Ah, the memories! After Fowler moved to a golf show on weekends, I called him and he asked what my golf question was. I just wanted to talk to him about the switch. Cool guy but would not go into why he gave up the other program. I had talked to him several times before & often disagreed but he never belittled me. I want to say he cowrote a book with someone. I know Mickey Herskowicz wrote several.