View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013   #130
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
If for some reason Geno Smith is available at #27, would his value be high enough for the Texans to draft him over a need position like WR, ILB, or NT?

While I can say that I wouldn't be too thrilled if that were the case, I honestly don't think I could blame the front office either for a bold move like that.

What do you guys think?
Talent wise, I think he's there.
I've read that his QB coach said he can do it from under center, although I don't think I've seen it from the games I watched.
I like to see how he does certain thing from there to be sure.

With Cam Newton, for example, I was able to see 21 snaps with him under center, and his footwork, his read, his hand-off to the back, his drop, his deep throws, they all look fine (even better than some of the QBs who played in a pro offense or WCO). So, I didn't hesitate one bit when I stated that I can see him as the number one player to be drafted that year (not just the first QB to be drafted.)

Assuming what his QB coach said is true, I don't have any problem with Geno Smith in the talent department. (By the same token, I don't see Smith last to our spot.)

But I don't expect the Texans to draft a QB early; I doubt they draft a QB at all, unless like TK said, they know that something is wrong with Schaub.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote