View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
Just a thought. Wouldn't it be funny if both Briesel and Winston are both cut (Briesel due to health/system, Winston due to salary/system/Draft Joekel/resign Albert? And both resign with the Texans for 1 year vets min deal to try for a SB. Depth chart and competition would be insane. Brown/Smith/Myers/Briesel/Winston. Swing Newton, C/RG Jones, LG Brooks as back ups. Also I the Brooks is a better fit on the left side as future replacement for Smith.
At this point, even though I'm thinking we're better without them, who the hell knows!

What if they did come back, and what if they found a way to platoon the position and we found our groove again?

Stranger things have happened. Sometimes familiar faces help stabilize things. I do wonder if a bit of our offense's mojo was zapped by the loss of Dreessen, Winston, Brisiel, and Ward. Not saying those guys are independently awesome...but collectively they provided a stable and consistent work ethic and reliability that wasn't replaced by Ben Jones, Derrick Newton, Forsett, and Graham.

If we're unable to land quality FA's due to cap...why not vet minimum for Winston and Brisiel? Anybody know what their vet minimum cap hit would be????