View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
In 2011, we were the same team on offense that we became in 2012...an offense that beats up on weaker defenses but runs into problems when they face (a) teams who don't buckle under the pressure, or (b) crucial over-the-hump games...such as getting past the divisional round.
There was definitely a transition in our offense last season where Matt didn't have to carry the games. Foster did. Whether it was the one-two Foster/Tate punch, or Arian making big plays in the passing game.

Then when Matt got hurt, we leaned even more on Foster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Head Coach and Quarterback is the key. It just is, and not only for our team. Look at teams who play in conference championship games, and what you see is that they've got head coaches and QBs who get it done. Tom Coughlin/Eli Manning got there twice, Bill and Tom get there practically every year for the past decade, Ravens seem to be in the mix consistently, etc.

I warned back when the Texans hired Wade Phillips, and we began to see Wade radically tune the defense up to a higher notch of performance in his free agency and draft pick moves, that the only danger I could foresee was that the defense would be dominant and that it could strain the team's chemistry if the defense became so dominant that the offense failed to capitalize on the opportunities. At some point, partly due to LB injuries among other things, the warning has become reality.
eh.... I think our playmakers let us down just as much as Schaub did. Andre, Arian, & OD need to step it up in the play-offs just as much as Matt does. Duane Brown, Chris Myers, James Casey, & Garrett Graham too.

I take that back, Arian had two pretty good games. But it wasn't just Tom Brady that beat us. It was Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, Steven Riddley, & Shane Vareen. Matt Ryan wasn't doing anything without Anthony Gonzales, Julio Jones, Roddy White, & Jacquizz Rogers. Many people thought Jacoby Jones was the MVP or co-MVP of the Super Bowl.

I agree with you 100%, it starts with the QB & the HC. Matt needs to play a lot better than what he did & Kubiak needs to do a better job as well.