View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013   #42
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Do you remember the Three Amigos sports show? Way back in the early '90's before there were dedicated sports radio stations and you had to know when sports talk shows would be aired on news radio to hear them. That was Ed Fowler, Dan Patrick, and I think Kenny Hand. It was all about sports and none of this idiotic "guy talk" and low brow Howard Stern wannabe garbage that many shows are aping these days.

I still miss Joel Buschsbaum. That dude was a football genius, and nobody has come along to replace his presence on sports radio.
Back in the day, I actually won a contest to fill in for the 3 Amigos. They had an essay contest on why you should be the person that fills in while they have to leave early to their TV gig stuff.

So then the show was me and John O'Reilly. At it was actually one of my favorite gigs I ever did because instead of it just the host asking me questions, it was callers asking a wide variety of sports questions, including some sports law questions too.

So basically, you saw the call in board, and you had a sense of what they were going to ask but not really. It was a lot of fun.

This was obviously pre-blog, pre-Texans. Very, very fun. I didn't tell anyone that I was going to do it. I was surprised at hearing from people who heard it.

(Also one of the reasons I'm not too keen on radio hosts saying rude, untrue things about me on their shows. People listen to this stuff, sometimes believe it).