Thread: Tight end ..???
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013   #11
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tight end ..???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
If you're gonna based your opinion on somebody else's, you might want to make sure you read it correctly for one. Eifert used the wrong verb tense when he described what some people were saying (ie. before last season).

If you really read the whole piece and then read some other pieces as well, you would be a better picture.

I've been concentrating a lot on receivers and tight ends the last 3 drafts, I can tell which guy (that I did watch a lot) is a good blocker. I have made several good calls on them, including Anthony Hill whom I thought was not a good pick that could have been easily replaced by Brandon Myers (now with the Raiders.)
I called that one because I saw Myers as a much better blocker, and even though he wasn't targeted much in college, I can see that his receiving skills are there (at least as good as Hill.)
LOL! Now you know what he "meant" to say compared to what he wad actually quoted as saying. Classic...you got it all figured out because if they don't say what you want you just correct the quote. Forget using their actual words. It's SOOOO overrated. I got it now.

Just for the record, I read all of the info considering I found the quote & posted it to countered some of the info that you seem to be shooting from the hip with. I'm basing my opinion off of what I have seen, read, & believe it or not based on what the actual player themselves are saying about their own skills. I know its kinda risky doing the latter, but I believe they can give a quote w/out always needing someone, such as yourself, to tell them what they actually meant. LOL!

Great call on Anthony Hill by the way. That was a tough one that I'm sure no one thought was a potential bust considering most projected him as a late round project player primarily known for blocking. No real high expectations by any means. Not necessarily the most difficult projection, but if its your claim to fame....by all means run w/ it.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote