Thread: Tight end ..???
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tight end ..???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
And once again, Fleener & Elfert are touted for their pass catching skills & not their blocking skills. Eifert admitted it so I'm not sure why you are in denial. I think he knows where he needs to improve his own game & he's on record w/ it. I never said Eifert wasn't good, but he's not what the Texans need which very similar to Fleener last season.

Considering OD is playing in the NFL & has performed at a high level over the years & Eifert has yet to step on an NFL field, I think its a bit foolish to say Eifert has surpassed OD in any aspect of the game. How about we let Eifert get at least an NFL practice in before we say he is surpassing others who are proven...in the NFL. Just a thought...

I never said the Texans wouldn't draft a TE, but the need is down the list & thus the position could be drafted later in the draft & still get a quality player such as McDonald out of Rice. I simply don't see TE getting drafted prior to the 4th round when its said & done.
If you're gonna based your opinion on somebody else's, you might want to make sure you read it correctly for one. Eifert used the wrong verb tense when he described what some people were saying (ie. before last season).

If you really read the whole piece and then read some other pieces as well, you would be a better picture.

I've been concentrating a lot on receivers and tight ends the last 3 drafts, I can tell which guy (that I did watch a lot) is a good blocker. I have made several good calls on them, including Anthony Hill whom I thought was not a good pick that could have been easily replaced by Brandon Myers (now with the Raiders.)
I called that one because I saw Myers as a much better blocker, and even though he wasn't targeted much in college, I can see that his receiving skills are there (at least as good as Hill.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote