View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
And when Wade's defense gives up 21 points in the 1st quarter it narrows down the denny's menu too making the team one dimensional.

Gary's offense is a grind the clock type finesse offense. I hope we draft well on that side of the ball were we can get a little more tempo on that side of the ball
This wasn't always the truth. Even when teams knew we were going to throw the ball, we could throw the ball, up, down, all over the field. Even when teams knew we were going to run the ball, we ran it between the tackles, we ran it around the edge, & we cut it back & ran it up their a55.

In 2012, for whatever reason that did not appear to be the case. We've all got our theories as to why that was, but prevalent among most is that it didn't appear that we tried. I understand the whole not force it & we scored a lot of points & we moved the ball without forcing it, playing it safe..... but if we don't have the lead, our defense is not the defense we think it is.

So, in my mind, anytime we are playing without the lead, we need to act like we want it. If that means we need to take chances & spread the field which seems to work for every other team, then we need to take chances. Because it appears we're going to lose anyway, if we don't have the lead.