Thread: Tight end ..???
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tight end ..???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
The Texans are in the same position they were last season concerning the TE position & were even worse off concerning the salary cap when the highly touted Fleener was coming out & they chose to stay put w/ Graham & OD. I don't see the situation changing because OD had a very good season & Graham showed he could contribute. TE is not a need & I believe it is down the list based on that. Eifert would be a great addition if there were not other glaring needs.
I don't agree with this. I think TE is a need and Kubiak even said they took a risk last year by going with only 2 TE's plus Casey on the roster. When Graham was injured last season it really hurt the offense because they couldn't run their 2 TE sets. It really showed in the NE game where they struggled to get any offense going. Now I'm not going to tell you the Texans will draft a TE in the 1st, but I'll be surprised if they don't get one somewhere in the mid rounds. It's a pretty deep class for TE's this year. I just hope they get one of the taller ones out there (6'5" or 6'6"). They don't need another OD/Graham clone IMO. And, if can block really well, that will be a plus.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote