View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013   #27
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU combine Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
“He’s a darn good player, and we’re looking at inside linebackers,” coach Gary Kubiak said about one of the team’s needs. “He’s an effort player. He can run and hit. There’s a lot to like.”

Teams have 15-minute interviews with 60 players. The Texans gave Te’o an indication of what to expect during his interviews.

“Everybody wants to check his sincerity and see if you can trust him,” Kubiak said. “He just said, ‘Here’s my story’ and told us. He answered our questions. He wasn’t defensive. He stood his ground, wasn’t gunshy. Lot of poise. He had it under control. He’s ready to move forward. I was impressed with the young man.”

I think there are many that would disagree that he isn't 1st round talent, but he may fall to the 2nd round depending on his combine performance. I think he played very well outside of the Alabama game & Kubiak had nothing but good things to say. Hits & runs well to go along w/ effort, the latter being something the Texans have been focusing on the last few drafts for the defense. Teo did have success in the zone & that may suit him, but that doesnt mean he cant go man to man. If his speed & agility drills go well then he could probably adapt to playing man coverage. I'm not willing to short change him just yet because of what he excelled in in college. People did that to Cushing saying he was tight in the hips & so forth & he does fairly well in coverage. Besides, if the Texans felt Dobbins, James, & Sharpton fit the bill to play alongside Cushing then I have little doubt that Teo would be an upgrade above all them.

I'm not a member of the Teo Fan Club, but he is amongst the ILB's that I wouldn't mind seeing become a Texan along w/ Minter & maybe A. Brown depending on how his shoulder injury pans out. I agree the "baggage" shouldn't matter, but that 40 time will & it's only a matter of time before we know what Teo can do.
When do LBs run?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote