Thread: NFL Combine
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Disagree. This is one of the deepest drafts in years at many positions. I'd be stocking up on players.

Yep, it's a deep in the top & middle rounds class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
No one trades a 1st for just a future 1st. That makes zero sense. What does happen is that a team will trade their 1st for a current 2nd and a future 1st. Or trade a current 2nd outright for a future 1st. I don't think the Texans will do either, but you see trades like this pretty often.
It's because that this draft is deep from the 2nd round on that I think it makes sense to trade our first. If we can get a 2nd and a future first, I'm all for it.

That way we can package our two firsts next year to move up to get a replacement for AJ; otherwise, we will never in a position to get a marquis player.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote