View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Using the Over the Cap numbers here are the players, who if cut, would yield extra cap room:

1. Antonio Smith: $6.0 million
2. Andre Johnson: $3.3 million
3. Brian Cushing: $3.1 million
4. Wade Smith: $3.0 Million
5. Kevin Walter: $2.5 Million
6. Daniel Manning: $2.5 million
7. Owen Daniels: $2.25 million

Everyone else is 600,00 or is a bigger cap hit than savings. Based on this, I think Smith and Walter are near locks to get cut. That's $5.5 Million the team could use.

Antonio Smith is 6.0 million, but the Texans don't have a replacement for him. I would keep him for now. Andre Johnson is a must keep. Interestingly enough, after 2014, Andre Johnson if cut, actually saves $10.4 mill. If you cut him, that may be the time to do it. Cush is young and only nets 3.1 if cut: gotta keep and resign. Manning is only $2.5. However, if one of the younger safeties can step up next year his cap savings would be $4.5 million...that may be a good time to cut him. Owen Daniels cap savings would only yield $2.5. However, if they cut him next year, it jumps to 4.5. I think he's gone next year.

So in summary, I think Wade Smith and Walters are gone. If the Texans are desperate, they may cut Daniels too.
Good info. As discussed, I see A Smith getting reworked to lower hit. Posey out, who replaces Walter? Any comments about releases AJ will lead to MB exploding but should be looked at IF we can get a replacement. That is the problem. I was hoping that was going to be Jean but...