View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013   #13
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Did you even have your eyes open last season?

Gary and Matt looked completely lost against the Packers and Patriots. Was that just a freak occurrence??? No, it was because outside of those two teams...no other opponent really had a backbone against us.

Packers and Patriots are top tier in terms of how their entire team operates on the field. They made us look silly.

This doesn't even mention the two OT games versus a bad Lions and Jaguars team. Even in what should seem to be fairly easy games, Gary's system wasn't dominating defenses.

After the Broncos game, things looked shaky for Gary with the exception of the Ravens blowout game that occurred after we had been destroyed by the Packers. I think most of it was on Matt, frankly. But it's Gary's team. At the end of the day it's on him.

He doesn't get it done in crunch time when it counts.
GP, I was commenting on your statement:

"Your "system," Gary, is inferior vs. better defenses. They know what you're doing in various scenarios, and they know how to nullify your best-made plans.

Maybe focus more on adaptability and formation/style uniqueness instead of just sharpening your beloved system. Because you're screwing this team right out of the gate when we face better defenses.".

I guess I need to know what you mean by "better defenses"? I would not consider the Packers, Patriots, Lions and Jaguars to be better defenses in the league.

And come on... you know it was the defense that let us down in those Lions & Jags games, not the offense. We had over 600 yards of offense against the Jags, and over 500 yards against the Lions. I'd say Gary's offensive system did quite well on those game... wish I could say the same about the defense.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote