View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013   #28
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Yeah, I get that but that is a horrible measure of the "best" defense. To say Denver's defense was better than Chicago's last year is laughable.

Playing by your rules though (yards allowed), we faced 4 of the top 8 defenses last season and we scored, 31, 23,19, and 13. Not exactly lighting up the scoreboard. Also GB would be the 11th ranked defense in yards allowed and our offense put up 17 against them. Doesn't sound like the stats support your argument no matter what stats you use.
I was simply responding to GP's statement that Kubiak's offense is inferior against the better defenses. First of all, that's quite an odd statement. What offenses are superior against good defenses? When an offense is going up against an elite defense, it's only natural that you won't perform as well as you usually do.

But like you said, we played 4 of the top 8 defenses last season. Guess what, we won all 4 of those games. In the Broncos, Jets, and Bengals games, we had no problems moving the ball on their defense. That Bears game was a mess due to weather, so I don't think that's a good measuring stick.

Now I'm not saying we dominate against good defenses... but I simply don't get the statement that we're inferior against good defenses.

On a side note... while I agree with you that I'd prefer the Bears defense, I don't think the Broncos were that far away. I don't think it is "laughable" to say the Broncos D was better.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote