Thread: NFL.com Mock
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013   #23
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I would rather take Goodwin with the supp 3rd than Woods in the 1st/2nd.

A Rodgers/Goodwin 2nd/3rd rd picks would add fireworks to a dormant offense.

Goodwin is going to light up the combine. (Probably set records in the long jump/40.) And he's a football player 1st. He can run most of the route tree and had the best hands of any UT WR. IMHO. His only downside is that he's short.

If you like Austin in the 1st you should love Goodwin in the 3rd. Lets revisit this thread after the combine. I'm calling my shot before the combine.
That's the very reason I think someone will use a pick on him in the second round. Not saying he deserves it, but he's played with some very average at best QBs in his time at UT while he was playing a lot. I believe Colt was there for one year, but he wasn't on the field much then if I remember correctly. I think teams will see this as a reason for his lack of production. He would definitely be our day 1 KO returner and add a speed element that's lacking right now.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote