View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU combine Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I like Williams, of course, but I'm not big on USC pass catchers. It just seems they have all been more hype then anything once they get to the NFL dating back to Keyshawn Johnson. Hamiltion could be a good option later in the draft as he seems to be projected as a possible 3rd rounder.

I don't understand the Eifert interview. Maybe they are just going thru the motions & interviewing certain players despite it not necessarily being a need position. Eifert doesn't even fit what the Texans need at that position & it seems to be noted as he stated he tried to show the Texans he could block. They need a blocking TE that can catch, not a TE known for primarily catching w/ suspect speed.

I would argue given the way the Texans used Kevin Walter, a "soft' TE who is bigger and faster could literally take his place. the top four or so TEs are really overgrwon WRs as they have spent a lot of time spread away from the formation or in the slot or motioning out of a bunch formation. this is how the pats use Aaron hernandez for example.