View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013   #106
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I never knew the 23rd,29,and 52 were considered high picks. A high pick to me is at least top 15. Dwane bowe was picked right around wherethe texans are drafting. There will be some high quality,impactful wr right there. In fact, jennings who was drafted at 52, there will also be a few high quality wrs sitting right there.

My point is, the texans can draft not only a short term answer,but also a long term answer at wr. The texans not only need a #2,but they need a future #1 type also. You can't short change the process.
Well...I guess now you know. I think most consider the round that a player is selected, not necessarily the pick position when judging if it was a "high pick". 1st & 2nd rounders are considered "high picks" IMO & most expect those players to be contributors. Not everyone can have a top 15 pick & frankly most prefer not to have a top 15 considering you had to have a lackluster season to obtain one. I agree the Texans could fulfill their need at WR where they are drafting(27th), BUT the 1st step for them would actually be drafting a quality player w/ a quality college career early w/in the 1st round or 2 which is not what they have done over the years. This helps explain why the WR position has reached it's current state. Drafting a, for the most part, unknown player out of Lane College & another player who sat out a whole season in college is not necessarily addressing the position in the best possible way IMO.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote