View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Talk Radio, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Josh Innes is utter trash. Simple as that.
QFT. I cannot even begin to describe how utterly pathetic he is as a talk radio host.

I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater while chewing aluminum foil before giving his extremely irritating voice two seconds of my time.

It's actually an insult to trash and garbage to compare it to Josh Innes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Y'all know who is funnier than Seth Payne? His wife @brandispayne

She is awesome! Those two together are awesome!!!

Again, on twitter: @brandispayne
Seth's unadulterated and unpolished takes are a breath of fresh air! My dad and I both dig his show, but we wonder how long it will take before management reels him in and tones him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I miss John Breen, Jerry Trupiano and Joel Buschsbaum on sportstalk 740am (740 was the Oiler flagship). Talk radio in general was more dignified and classier back then (except for Moby in the Morning of course). Josh Innes is trying to be the Rush Limbaugh of sportstalk. He's all about reaction and doesn't care how he gets it. Listening to him is LCD stuff. If you like insults, childish rants and self-absorbed humor he's probably for you.
Do you remember the Three Amigos sports show? Way back in the early '90's before there were dedicated sports radio stations and you had to know when sports talk shows would be aired on news radio to hear them. That was Ed Fowler, Dan Patrick, and I think Kenny Hand. It was all about sports and none of this idiotic "guy talk" and low brow Howard Stern wannabe garbage that many shows are aping these days.

I still miss Joel Buschsbaum. That dude was a football genius, and nobody has come along to replace his presence on sports radio.