View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Lol! It should, but we aren't talking about the offense as a whole now are we? We are talking about Schaub & the so-called "audible system"...or lack thereof. That's an aspect of the offense that some believe is lacking & exactly why kubiak is questioned, which is hardly a surprise to most.

I normally stand by stats as they do normally tell the tale, but isn't that why the Texans were referred to as "frauds". They looked good on paper w/ the pretty record & stats, but when it came down to crunch time...they folded & many weren't surprised despite all of those wonderful things you listed.
I'm just thinking if our lack of audibling (if that is true) is limiting our offense, shouldn't our offense look limited on the stat sheet. If we're consistently in situations where the called play is doomed.. we shouldn't be in the top 10 of as many offensive stats as we are.

I'm just wondering if our stats show that we were hardly stopped as often as other teams (because the stats, if nothing else, show a relative position) then maybe Schaub is doing more than we're giving him credit for, or Kubiak is more creative & keeping defenses off balance than we're giving him credit for.

I'm not saying either is the case, just saying that the "limited offense due to lack of audibles" argument isn't supported by the production we do get on offense.