View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Kubiak is channeling his inner Belichick of saying a whole lotta' words while saying a whole lotta' nothing.

Quote:
(Does Matt Schaub need more flexibility audibiling at line)

"He does do a lot for us. We do a lot more than you may think. We do a lot of at the line of scrimmage. Matt probably does as much for me as I've had anybody do in a while. Matt's played a lot of football for us. Yeah, if we keep going I trust him to do a lot of things. We're built a certain way, so we're going to teach our system. But he's very capable of getting us in the best play possible. And I think we're doing that most of the time anyway."
Kubiak and Schaub have both admitted on their radio shows that the QB gets three options at the LOS, but none of them offer the flexibility that we see with QBs like P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers. I believe this is what the question was about, but Kubiak avoided a real answer.

And what does this mean? "if we keep going I trust him to do a lot of things"

IF? What does he mean "if"? There is no "if". Schaub is our QB for at least two more seasons and I honestly doubt that the position is open to competition.

Quote:
(What gets you better at coming from behind in two minute situations)

"It's about making plays. You look at last year, you look at Jacksonville and Detroit, we were exceptional. We won two shootouts back to back where we had to come from behind, had to throw the ball every time. So theres a lot of good going on there. We got caught in some situations in New England where obviously the first time we were in a really bad situation. Probably not as bad in the playoff game.

"I just think it's experience. It's the experience of the quarterback and the weapons he has around him. Being able to function when everybody around him knows he has to throw.
I'm sorry, those two games, while certainly exciting to watch, were indicative of a team that struggled to beat two teams with a combined 6 win record for the season. These teams are cellar dwellers in 2012, so let's not delude ourselves that these performances are indicative of a team on the cusp of winning a Super Bowl.

And the two New England games? You mean the team that beat the Texans twice with a combined score of 83-42? Did the Texans ever have a lead in either of those games? Oh wait, we did lead 3-0 at the beginning of the second game, so we've got that to be proud of, I guess.