View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013   #30
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What if all NFL logos were British?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I have always considered Texas part of the South and myself a Southerner for being from Texas. Texas was one of the 13 Confederate states and most people that settled Texas (outside of Europeans) were from the Deep South. My ancestors migrated to Texas from Tennessee in 1840.

I had several relatives that served in Texas regiments during the Civil War. I have an ancestor on the Texas Confederate monument at Gettsyburg near the Round Tops where the Texas Brigade fought.

The Texas accent (especially east Texas) is a southern accent. Northern people can't tell a Texan from a Georgian when it comes to accents. We all say y'all, fixin', etc.

That said Texas is NOT part of what's considered the Deep South. Texas and Texans are different than the other Southern states. However they are also similar. State pride is still huge in most of the Southern states like Texas. That really doesn't exist outside of the South.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is online now   Reply With Quote