View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013   #105
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
You do realize that list of top FA WR's consist of 2 former 1st round picks, 1 2nd round pick, & 1 3rd round pick? I would consider at least the two 1st rounders & the 2nd rounder "high picks". Some could even make a debate for the 3rd rounder. Posey has been the highest pick used on a WR since Jacoby despite the position needing some help for a few years now & no player of real significance has been brought in via FA to fill the void for lengthy period of time. I think that's where the lack of patience comes from because outside of Andre the position is in need of help & that has been the situation for at least a couple of years now IMO.
I never knew the 23rd,29,and 52 were considered high picks. A high pick to me is at least top 15. Dwane bowe was picked right around wherethe texans are drafting. There will be some high quality,impactful wr right there. In fact, jennings who was drafted at 52, there will also be a few high quality wrs sitting right there.

My point is, the texans can draft not only a short term answer,but also a long term answer at wr. The texans not only need a #2,but they need a future #1 type also. You can't short change the process.