Thread: NFL.com Mock
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013   #10
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Probably trading places in the 1st #27

The 3rd rd pick and a 5th rd pick.

Atleast that's what it was when the Ravens traded up for Flacco and the Texans got D.Brown. The 1st rd picks were comparable. IIRC

Yes I would do that deal for either Star or Richardson. They are true difference makers.

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Justin Hunter though. If he makes the improvement in yr 2 after coming back from his ACL, I could see Hunter becoming an A.J. Green type WR after a couple of yrs in the NFL.
This is surprising, I also don't remember the specifics of that trade but I would expect it to have been much more expensive than that. If we could move from #27 to #18 for only a 3rd and 5th then I'd jump on that trade fast. I agree Lotulelei and Richardson are difference makers and both are worth trading up for depending on cost, even if it's expensive.

I also have been thinking of Hunter as an A.J. Green type of WR, a very good comparison and agree that it will probably take about 2 yrs. for him to get there. Hunter is currently listed as a late 2nd or early 3rd round prospect but if he has a great Combine, especially in the positional drills, then I can see him moving up to being a late 1st rounder.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote