View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013   #5
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine 2013: Texans Gary Kubiak Transcript

Quote:
(Brooks Reed)

"He's very capable of being a stack player, playing inside in our 3-4. Yes, that could happen. But we'd liked him as a SAM, he's a heck of a SAM player. But you've always have to have some flexibility with one player or two players in various situations when you come across like what we did last year. Depending on what happens with our football team moving forward right now with Connor (Barwin) and some other things we're always looking for some flexibility.''
This tells me that if Brooks ends up playing inside, it means that he is not being used optimally or how Wade prefers, which means that the defensive unit has taken a step back.

Quote:
(Should there be a total ban?)

"Me? No. I think you know that answer. That's part of what we do. It's part of football. We teach it the right way.

"Hopefully that part stays with us. But I do understand the issues going on as far as going back towards your particular goal line.''
This emphasizes something that gets under my skin. Fans and media of other teams describe cut blocking as dirty and dangerous, therefore Cushing received the Texans' own medicine. I have to question how many opposing players have ever been injured by a Texans cut block. I've never seen it.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote