Thread: DT in 1st rd.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93700 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DT in 1st rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I like the idea of using our top pick on a DT because while generally speaking this is not viewed a strong Draft, it is fairly strong thru the Dline and the idea is to have ones Draft based on the strength of the talent and not top need.
OK we do need a WR, but we've still got a second-round pick and 2 thirds for that (with the comp 3rd rounder we will most likely get for Mario), and as far as an ILB, we wouldn't use a top pick (1 or 2) for that position since Cushing is the only "full-time" ILB in Wade's defense, i. e., the other ILB isn't on the field in nicklel/pass-coverage downs.
Thats because all our other ILB's suck in coverage. If we had another true 3 down ILB we wouldn't have to resort to putting players like Keo and Demps on the field. I guarantee you if Wade had another ILB that he trusted in coverage, he would rather leave him out there on passing downs than any of our current backup or third down defensive backs.