View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What if all NFL logos were British?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's fine and fair enough. I just have never heard anyone refer to Texans as hillbillies. That is a term reserved for folk from the Appalachians. Since most of my family is from the mountains in SW Va., I am well familiar with the term. If the guy is going to joke around with stereotypes, at least get the stereotypes right. It makes for better jokes.
I think hillbillies is a stereotype for much of the south. Being from Texas, I consider Appalachian people hill billies as well but if you're from Portland, Oregon (like this guy is) then you might just group the entire region together. Heck, my sister lives in Dallas and says they like to consider Houstonian's hill billies just like we consider Dallasites rich, uppity snobs.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote