Thread: DT in 1st rd.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013   #23
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DT in 1st rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'd run to the podium if Sheldon Richardson were available to us at #27, but it ain't happening. He and Watt on the same D-line would almost be illegal. He'd be a stud at 3-4 DE, we could release Antonio, and might be a JJ clone.

I think Floyd is more of a 4-3 UT and will make some team very happy, just not right for our system.
A 4-3 UT should be able to transition to Phillips 1-gap 3-4 scheme. I think both of those guys would have to be looked at as Ends rather than NT's, which I'm not that high on taking an End in the first round.

Are all the highly rated DT's in this draft not a real fit for NT in the 3-4?