View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013   #45
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vance Joseph on DBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We're just going to have to agree to disagree. You can put me on a top 10 passing defense & I'm going to look so good. You put me on the 30th rank defense, I'm going to look worse. My stats are going to look worse.

I just don't believe you can judge a players "NFL Readiness" on one of the worst defenses in the league. You can't judge a DBs "NFL Readiness" on the worst pass defense in the league. Sure, that rookie most likely played into that ranking. That's would explain why Arizona was 10th & not 4th (not saying that Arizona was 10th, it's just an example), that would explain why Cleveland is 6th instead of 5th (again, just an example). Kareem making us 32nd when we "should have been 31 doesn't mean he wasn't NFL ready.

Brian Cushing on that same defense did not look anywhere near the elite, 2 time DROY, LB that he is.

But for Kareem to play at the level he is now, just 3 years later leeds me to believe he was closer to that NFL Ready than not.
Yep will agree to disagree because if it was this simple Brice McCain would have looked good this year with the talent around him. He was one of the worse corners. Our OLB's would have been amongst the best pass rushers with Watt having such a great push and season that demanded double teams....they were some of the worse.

Plus when our defense was actually better last season Jackson would have had an amazing season...he had a below average one (110.9 rating; 60.4 catch%) having to share it Jason Allen while having a much better one this season with a weaker defense (16th against the pass). Last year the defensive was 3rd against the pass. And I would hardly say Allen or Kareem looked great in 2011 despite Joseph looking like a top 3 corner.

Kind of shows the opposite of what you're saying but whatever floats your boat, heh.

...and the how heck does someone become 2 time Defensive rookie of the year? That would be one hell of a feat for my man Cush! Will chalk it up to a typo, lol.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote