View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So, I'm listening to 610, they just said after the money they set aside for the rookies, the Texans have $1.7M

How are we going to sign Glover, Connor, & James with only $1.7M?

March 12th is only 3 weeks away. Shouldn't we be hearing about contract restructures & player cuts by now? We're seeing other teams, the Jets specifically, making moves to free up money. Are we sitting on our thumbs or do you think Rick Smith is putting in overtime?
A suggestion, go to Spotrak and add up all the 2013 FAs 2012 salary; that gives you an estimate of savings. Most of them will not be back.*Note that many contracts will have escalators. Or use the info Dutchrudder gave in his sticky thread.

Keep in mind the $2.4m carry over; did the 610 guys include that? Numbers are all over the board because we don't know what each source is counting. IMO, Quin is the only one I expect to re-sign.

Also, we can restructure contracts as we did to sign D Brown, Matt Schaub and Foster.